OneEnergy Renewables has an opening for a diligent, motivated and experienced AutoCAD designer to join our team. The successful candidate for this role will participate in and lead utility-scale photovoltaic power plant designs. The position is fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and requires excellent AutoCAD drafting skills and experience with land development. The position will collaborate closely with our Engineering and Development teams on a diverse selection of solar projects. We are specifically seeking an AutoCAD master who can bring efficiency and add skills to our dynamic team.
- Downloading and compiling GIS layers into an AutoCAD base map.
- Interpreting USGS maps, FEMA maps, NRCS soil survey, National wetlands inventory, ALTA surveys, maps, and other information to identify site constraints.
- Applying GIS experience working with ESRI or AutoCAD products to incorporate geolocation into scaled layout drawings.
- Utilizing GIS or AutoCAD Civil 3D to analyze terrain and identify suitable slopes.
- Formatting drawing plots and maintain AutoCAD template files and standards for company.
- Collaborating with engineering to create preliminary layout design of PV systems.
- Generating shape files and KMZ files.
- Working closely with project development teams to modify plans as site constraints evolve during project development.
- Drafting and modifying electrical single line diagrams with support from engineering.
- Preparing civil, mechanical or electrical details as required with support from engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and drafting in AutoCAD.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a professional environment.
- Must have strong AutoCAD drafting skills with experience utilizing layers, blocks, coordinate systems, dimensioning and industry standards.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D or AutoCAD Map 3D a plus.
- Experience with Google Earth or other mapping/GIS tools, as well as use of online and public resources such as federal/state/county databases (e.g., to review land records and environmental factors that may affect project development) a plus.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Continuous interest in learning about cutting-edge technologies in a dynamic and evolving field required.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and proven organizational capacity to manage multiple projects required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office/Office 365, Google Apps, and database tools required.
- Ability to travel and access sites of varying terrain.
Interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and current resume to: email@example.com
About OneEnergy Renewables
OneEnergy Renewables is an innovative developer of community and utility-scale solar energy projects in North America. Powered by the belief that the future will run on clean energy, our team delivers solar projects to communities, utilities, and commercial and institutional customers. We build trust with landowners, communities, and customers to help them achieve a cleaner, brighter energy future. For additional information, please visit OneEnergyRenewables.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
OneEnergy Renewables extends equal employment opportunities to all persons, without regard to sex, race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, veteran status, physical disability, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. OneEnergy is committed to a diverse and equitable workplace.